Job Opportunities at the Stamford Family YMCA
At the Stamford Family YMCA, we strive to help new leaders in our community achieve their goals and make a positive impact in the areas we serve. We are always looking for motivated individuals to work in our various program areas such as: Aquatics, After-School, Membership Services, and so much more. This page will be updated with current job postings and their requirements as well as our General Employment Application. We look forward to you being a part of our family.
Supervisor: Aquatics Director
Free YMCA membership for employees
Knowledge and Skills:
- Thorough knowledge and application of lifeguarding surveillance and rescue techniques
- An understanding of facility characteristics, rules, policies and procedures
- Customer Service skills
- Leadership and decision-making skills
A lifeguard is responsible for the supervision, control, and safety in and around the swimming pool during all programs. In addition, a lifeguard should possess a high degree of safety consciousness accompanied by a mature understanding that his/her primary objective should be the prevention of accidents.
- Must be 17 years of age or older.
- Must be a certified lifeguard by the American Red Cross.
- Hold ta current American Red Cross CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer
- Must be willing to work evenings and weekends.
- Ability to respond to safety and emergency situations.
- Excellent customer service is expected at all times.
- Follow the appropriate sitting and rotation schedule according to the number of lifeguards required by protocol in each pool.
- Enforce all aquatic facility policies, rules, and regulations regarding supervision, safety, and sanitation, including daily vacuuming of the pool and maintaining a clean pool deck free of equipment.
- Lifeguards are responsible for enforcing the pool schedule.
- Log daily swimming pool chemistry. Tests as many times as required in each pool.
- As a first responder, using the Y appropriate incident report form, able to write a full report of any accident, rescue, potential danger, incident, etc. and distribute to the Aquatics Director and Director of Human Resources.
- Keep abreast of current information relating to lifeguarding and aquatic safety.
- Readiness to move bulkhead as many times as required according to the established schedule.
- Participate in regular in-service training sessions and attend staff meetings.
- Conduct swim tests as required.
*** Interested applicants should email resumes to Mary Jane Lutrus, Aquatics Coordinator at email@example.com Please include the subject line “Career Opportunity – Lifeguard Position“.
Membership Representative / Front Desk Position
Reports to: Membership Operations Manager
- Active Listening Skills
- Relationship Building Abilities
- Ability to respond to safety and emergency situations
- Able to learn our Membership Management Software
- Able to use a computer for extended periods of time and able to communicate using a computer and phone/smart device
- Passionate about the YMCA Promise
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Character Traits: Proactive, self-directed, attentive, solution-oriented, dependable, multi-task orientated, effective communication skills, and ability to develop effective working relationships.
- Basic knowledge of computers and Microsoft Office
Under the supervision of the Membership Operations Manager, the Membership Associate is responsible for providing excellent member service, with an emphasis on safety, cleanliness, and participant/member satisfaction.
The incumbent must bring to this position experience in customer service and attention to consistent quality. The ability to establish and maintain harmonious interaction with staff, volunteers, YMCA members, and the general public is essential to the job. Exceptional relationship-building skills and the ability to work fluently across departments are also required. The ideal candidate must be able to work in a challenging and high-performing team environment.
- Maintain a high level of customer service at all times.
- Conduct new member interviews.
- Address any customer concerns or complaints and respond accordingly.
- Determine member needs and interests and follow up by making suggestions for services based on feedback.
- Have the knowledge and information pertaining to program offerings.
- Support the Annual Giving Campaign and encourage staff to do the same.
- Interpret the YMCA as a membership organization, and represent the YMCA in a positive manner. Maintain relationships with other organizations and community groups.
- Project a positive and enthusiastic image on the job at all times.
- Cultivate strong working relationships with the YMCA members, staff, program participants, and parents.
- Attend and contribute to all staff meetings and/or trainings, as required.
*** Interested applicants should email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org Please include in the subject line “Career Opportunity – Membership Representative / Front Desk Position“.