As a member of the Stamford Y, you have full access to the fitness center, group exercise classes, lap and recreational swimming, and use of the gymnasium during scheduled open gym times. In addition, membership provides reduced rates on all YMCA youth and adult programs. Unlimited usage of our entire facility, includes:
- Free Usage of indoor 25 yard pool, gymnasium, fitness center, weight room, racquetball / squash court
- Free 25 classes per week aerobic fitness classes. Including: Bootcamp, Zumba, Yoga
- Free Renovated locker rooms, day lockers, and towel service
- Free Usage of our sauna located in both male and female adult locker rooms
- Free orientation training session for new Adult, Senior Adult, Family and Senior Family Members
- SAVINGS Members save money on specialty fitness classes, youth programs, vacation and summer camp, personal training, swim instruction, and therapeutic massage. Priority registration for programs
- No long-term contracts
Apply today for Financial Assistance
Financial Assistance Application
The YMCA requires that individuals reapply every year for membership and every six months for a program or when requested to keep the information on their application updated.
To process your financial assistance application, we will need the following information:
- Fully completed Stamford Family Y Membership Form / Application (available at the front desk)
- Fully completed Financial Aid Application (Download Here)
- One page letter stating your request and personal situation.
- All documentation that substantiates your current monthly expenses (i.e. rental or mortgage payments, utility payments, utility bills, school loans, medical, insurance or other normal monthly expenses).
- Copy of last year’s tax return
- Copy of last three pay stubs (or) Copy of public aid documentation (or) Copy of social security or disability checks (or copy of bank statement showing amount of automatic deposit)
If you do not have a copy of your tax return, you may obtain one by calling the IRS at 800-829-1040. If you did not file taxes last year, or if you don’t have the other documents required, please indicate and explain.
All YMCA members receive the same membership benefits, regardless of whether or not they are receiving assistance. YMCA members can feel great knowing that they are involved in an organization that cares greatly for the health and well-being of people and is committed to building strong kids, strong families and strong communities.
Your application will be handled confidentially by the Membership Director and Membership Committee. We do our best to review all applications in a timely manner. Please allow up to 3 business days for your application to be processed. Please note, the process can be delayed if you do not complete the application and submit required documents at the time of submission.
You will be notified by the Membership Director as to the status, and final determination of your financial assistance application.
If you have a current scholarship and would like to request a scholarship for another family member within the same tax year, you may fill out a supplemental scholarship form.
If it becomes necessary to register for (additional) classes during the year, a supplemental scholarship request form may be obtained at the front desk and returned to the attention of the YMCA Financial Assistance Committee. The same process as described above will be followed.
Due to limited scholarship funds, it may be necessary to serve the needs of new applicants before granting additional funds to recent recipients. Former recipients in some cases may continue to receive assistance but at a reduced level.
It is your responsibility to notify the Stamford Family Y of any changes in your income status.
Code of Conduct
At the Stamford Family YMCA, we expect staff, members, and guests to behave following our mission and values at all times, respecting the rights and dignity of others. The YMCA is a family organization, and we expect members and their guests to behave in a manner consistent with the YMCA's core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, and Responsibility.
At the YMCA, we demonstrate these values by:
- Speaking in respectful tones, refraining from the use of vulgar or derogatory language, and dressing appropriately.
- Resolving conflicts in a respectful, honest, and caring manner; never resorting to physical contact or threatening gestures.
- Respect the property of others; never engaging in theft or destruction.
- Creating a safe, caring environment.
- Participating in programs that build a healthy spirit, mind, and body; never engaging in the use, sale, dispensing, or possession of illegal drugs, narcotics, or the unsanctioned use of alcohol on YMCA premises.
The Stamford Family YMCA reserves the right to cancel the membership of any member or suspend visitation privileges of any guest who does not follow the Code of Conduct at any time while in our facility or during participation Y-affiliated program or event, regardless of location. Staff members may define what is considered a breach of the Code of Conduct and will ask the violator to leave.
The C.E.O. will review all reported incidents. The decision to suspend or terminate your Y membership privileges will be made at the C.E.O.'s discretion if a violation of the Code of Conduct has occurred.
Youth Supervision Policy
- No person under the age of 13 shall be permitted in the Fitness Center or Weight Room. *NO EXCEPTIONS*
- Group Exercise Classes: minimum age: 15 years old.
- Open Gym: 12 years of age and older. An adult must accompany children under the age of 12.
- Aquatics: Children 8 & under must have a parent/guardian (minimum of 18 years) with them in the water and the locker rooms at all times.
- Aquatics: Children 9 to 12 must have a parent/guardian supervising them on the pool deck at all times. if a 9-12-year-old is a non-swimmer, a parent/guardian is required to swim with their child
- Aquatics: Children 13 years and older are allowed to use the pools without direct supervision. Parents are strongly encouraged to be in the building while their child is swimming.
- Aquatics: Swim lessons are only for members with ACTIVE MEMBERSHIPS
- The YMCA would prefer that all children under 16 years of age be picked up at the YMCA instead of having them walk home or bicycle home.
- The YMCA conducts regular sex offender screenings on all members, participants, and guests. If a sex offender match occurs, the YMCA reserves the right to cancel membership, end program participation, and remove visitation access.
Youth Membership Policy
Children (under 18) of Adult members and Youth members are entitled to:
- Priority registration
- Use of the pool
- Use of the basketball gym
Children (under 18) of Adult and Youth members are NOT permitted to:
- Have access to our fitness facilities. This includes the Weight Room and Fitness Center
- Have guest pass privileges
All youth are required to check-in at the Front Desk when entering the facility. Kids must be age 12 to use the pool and basketball facilities without adult supervision.
It is the members’ responsibility to carry their membership card while in the facility: to gain admittance to the facility and when registering for programs.