As a member of the Stamford Y, you have full access to the fitness center, group exercise classes, lap and recreational swimming, and use of the gymnasium during scheduled open gym times. In addition, membership provides reduced rates on all YMCA youth and adult programs. Unlimited usage of our entire facility, includes:
- Free Usage of indoor 25 yard pool, gymnasium, fitness center, weight room, racquetball / squash court
- Free 25 classes per week aerobic fitness classes. Including: Bootcamp, Zumba, Yoga
- Free Renovated locker rooms, day lockers, and towel service
- Free Usage of our sauna located in both male and female adult locker rooms
- Free orientation training session for new Adult, Senior Adult, Family and Senior Family Members
- SAVINGS Members save money on specialty fitness classes, youth programs, vacation and summer camp, personal training, swim instruction, and therapeutic massage. Priority registration for programs
- No long-term contracts
Apply today for Financial Assistance
Financial Assistance Application
The YMCA requires that individuals reapply every year for membership and every six months for a program or when requested to keep the information on their application updated.
To process your financial assistance application, we will need the following information:
- Fully completed Stamford Family Y Membership Form / Application (available at the front desk)
- Fully completed Financial Aid Application (Download Here)
- One page letter stating your request and personal situation.
- All documentation that substantiates your current monthly expenses (i.e. rental or mortgage payments, utility payments, utility bills, school loans, medical, insurance or other normal monthly expenses).
- Copy of last year’s tax return
- Copy of last three pay stubs (or) Copy of public aid documentation (or) Copy of social security or disability checks (or copy of bank statement showing amount of automatic deposit)
If you do not have a copy of your tax return, you may obtain one by calling the IRS at 800-829-1040. If you did not file taxes last year, or if you don’t have the other documents required, please indicate and explain.
All YMCA members receive the same membership benefits, regardless of whether or not they are receiving assistance. YMCA members can feel great knowing that they are involved in an organization that cares greatly for the health and well-being of people and is committed to building strong kids, strong families and strong communities.
Your application will be handled confidentially by the Membership Director and Membership Committee. We do our best to review all applications in a timely manner. Please allow up to 3 business days for your application to be processed. Please note, the process can be delayed if you do not complete the application and submit required documents at the time of submission.
You will be notified by the Membership Director as to the status, and final determination of your financial assistance application.
If you have a current scholarship and would like to request a scholarship for another family member within the same tax year, you may fill out a supplemental scholarship form.
If it becomes necessary to register for (additional) classes during the year, a supplemental scholarship request form may be obtained at the front desk and returned to the attention of the YMCA Financial Assistance Committee. The same process as described above will be followed.
Due to limited scholarship funds, it may be necessary to serve the needs of new applicants before granting additional funds to recent recipients. Former recipients in some cases may continue to receive assistance but at a reduced level.
It is your responsibility to notify the Stamford Family Y of any changes in your income status.